No firearms for self defence???
The draft Firearms Control Amendment Bill 2021 is now open for public comment. We encourage you to participate via our online campaign, which can be found at the following link: dearsouthafrica.co.za/firearm-control-2021/
PLEASE NOTE; This is NOT a petition. It is an official and legal public participation initiative that carries significant impact and forms the foundation for a solid legal case, should it be necessary.
Important changes to take note of are the following:
• Deleting of licensing for self defence
• Reduction of firearms license period to five years
• Reduction in number of allowed licenses
• Limiting amount of ammunition per license
• Reloading ammunition to be made unlawful.
SHOULD THIS DRAFT AMENDMENT BE IMPLEMENTED AS IS?
We encourage you to have a say and make your voice heard on this DRAFT amendment by commenting at the following link: dearsouthafrica.co.za/firearm-control-2021/
Your voice most certainly counts.
Thank you for being democratically engaged, active and responsible.
MD, Dear South Africa