Voice your opinion on the SA Police Service
|Here is an official opportunity for you to voice your opinion on the quality, effectiveness, trust, ethics and leadership of the South African Police Service.|
The Civilian Secretariat for Police Service has called for comment on the Draft National Policing Policy (NPP).
The draft policy document outlines the government’s broad plans to address the numerous shortcomings of the South African Police Service (SAPS), which has failed to stem the tide of increasingly violent crime in the country.
KEY POLICY PROPOSALS
1. The creation of a professional and quality policing
2. The provision of efficient and effective policing service delivery
3. Improving the legitimacy and community-police trust relations
4. Building a strong and ethical leadership, management and governance architecture.
– documents and summary on the participation page
The deadline to comment on the draft policy (30 November, 2023) is rapidly approaching. NOW would be a good time for YOU to have a say!
Yes or No Linda; is this draft policy good enough to solve the many issues we have with police service in SA? Please take a minute to have a say at this link or the button below, right away https://dearsouthafrica.co.za/national-policing-policy/ (Additional information, documents and explanatory videos are available on the participation pages).
Note that your comment is immediately delivered to parliament – you will receive confirmation. I will also personally present a full report to parliament, along with the comments and suggestions.
Closes 30 November 2023.