Amended Level 1 Lockdown Regulations for Easter Weekend
- Liquor stores will not be allowed to operate over the Easter Weekend from Friday to Monday.
- Gatherings is allowed at an increased capacity of 250 indoors or 500 outdoors, but at a maximum of 50% capacity for smaller venues) with strict control measures in place. This will stay valid until 15 April at least, when the state of disaster proclamation expires.
WHAT STAYS THE SAME?
- Sale of alcohol permitted on site, i.e. restaurants, bars and taverns as per licence conditions but has to close at 11h00 latest.
- Shops, restaurants, bars, etc. has to close at 11h00 at night latest.
- Curfew remains from midnight to 04h00 in the morning.
- Wearing of masks is compulsory.
- Public recreational spaces like beaches, parks and dams will remain open.
- Funerals remain restricted to a maximum of 100 people and with a two-hour limit.
- Interprovincial travel will still be permitted.