Cooking Workshops @ The Seedling
19 October 2019
With the rapid worldwide increase in plant-based eating habits, it has become necessary to update our perspectives on nutrition, food production and preparation.
Here at The Seedling we have put together various practical workshops to help those who are simply curious, as well as those who would like to transition from being omnivores or vegetarians to following a vegan lifestyle.
Workshops run 09:00 – 15:00 on a Saturday and s R550.00 – includes all recipes and a 3-course lunch.
KITCHEN RESET 1
(19 October 2019)
This hands-on session introduces the basic ingredients to get your plant-based cooking under control.
- We make basic vegetable stock and bouillon and then incorporate various Misos, fermented soya bean pastes.
- We use chickpeas in all forms, flour and whole as a valuable protein and energy source.
- Readily available nuts are incorporated into daily menus in various forms.
- How to find the elusive cheese flavour.
- Set jellies and thicken sauces.
- How to set cakes and add omegas.
Contact them for more information on 083 229 3751 or 072 261 3519