Great offer for members – study a management course for free!!Author: KLCBT | Published by KLCBT on 22 February 2018 at 12:56:38 | Last Updated On: 8 March 2018
KLCBT members and their staff members have the option to study a Wits Business School qualification at absolutely no cost!! The value of the course is R36 000—this is honestly an opportunity not to be missed.
The course offered is the Management Development Programme (NQF 7)
Criteria: KLCBT members; SA citizen and resident; Must be employed and have permission from employer to commit to the training programme) or a CK Document if self-employed.
Closing date for applications is 15 March 2018. Only the first 50 will be registered.
Aim of Programme:
To equip delegates with the requisite skills and knowledge to improve their management effectiveness in their organisations. To develop a range on management skills thus enabling the effective functioning of managers within South African organisations.
The programme content is structured as follows:
Core compulsory modules:
- Self-development and personal mastery
- Understanding the business model of an organisation
- Strategic management
- Managing people
- Leadership skills
With a minimum of two elective modules from the following:
- Marketing management
- Operations management
- Business ethics and corporate governance
- Environment of business
- The legal environment of business
- Effective coaching
- Diversity, transformation and change
- Leading change & organisational dynamics
- Negotiation skills
At the end of this programme delegates should be able to:
- Explain the key functions of a leader in terms of setting a vision, maintaining a focus on the strategy and energizing followers;
- Identify one’s strengths in relation to effective leadership;
- Draft a personal branding statement;
- Explore the stages of team development;
- Plan a marketing campaign for a product or service;
- Identify the obstacles to implementing strategy in organisations;
- Devise an approach to change management in organisations;
- Draw up a departmental budget;
- Explain the reasons for profit and loss in a department and organisation;
- Develop a personal leadership charter;
- Demonstrate competence in the selected electives.
Method of Assessment
40% – Syndicate (group) assignment;
30% – Individual assignments;
30% – Integrated summative examination
How it will work:
Within a month from registration, we will distribute a course programme to all the students.
The course will run 4 – 6 months depending on the availability of the lecturers and the venues and it will start in May / June 2018. Course will be presented in Nelspruit (venue to be confirmed).
Class time will be 13 days in total and you will have class 3 days per month (i.e. Tuesday to Thursday) to allow students to maintain their full time careers. In between classes, students will do assignments and group assignments.
Lecturers will be very strict on attendance, punctuality and participation – homework must be done. This is a professional qualification from one of the most reputable Business Schools in the world and certainly not just a certificate of attendance.
At the end of the course you will do a written exam for each of the subjects as well as an oral presentation, which students have to pass in order to receive their certificate.
NQF7 is quite a high standard (university degree level) but please do not let it deter you. It is very practical and if you work hard and is committed to the programme, you will certainly do well.
How to register:
Submit the following documents to Zelda / Linda at KLCBT office at Crossing Centre (only the first 50 registrations will be admitted to the programme):
- Completed application form and signed agreement (will be posted as soon as we receive it)
- Certified copy of ID
- Proof of Residence
- Letter of commitment from your employer to allow you to take part in the programme or your CK documents if you are self-employed
For further enquiries: