Deadline for Skills Development Plan is 30 April 2018Author: KLCBT | Published by KLCBT on 05 April 2018 at 08:37:38 | Last Updated On: 5 April 2018
The deadline for submission of the Workplace Skills Plan as well as the Annual Training Report to your respective SETA’s is on the 30th of April 2018.
(April have many holidays so best submit by 20th April on Skillogical)
Skills Development is a PRIORITY ELEMENT under the amended B-BBEE Codes of Good Practice. Points under the Skills Development element will not be achieved should an organisation fail to submit their WSP and ATR. Not complying with the 40% minimum target for Skills Development, will result in the organisation being discounted a level for their overall scorecard. i.e if you achieve an overall level 3 scorecard, a penalty discount will drop your rating to a level 4 B-BBEE rating.
The benefits of a Successful Submission
- The organisation will qualify to recover 20% of their skills spend as a Mandatory Grant allocated from Skills Development Levies paid to SARS
- The organisation that meets the required criteria can apply for Discretionary Grants from their affiliate SETA(s)
Skills Development grants can assist the organisation to successfully execute skills plans eg. Learner ships, Internships or Skills Training Programs as indicated when submitting the WSP and ATR. Saving for growth in this tight economy is always a win.
The following documents need to be submitted by all Levy Paying Members (companies)
- A Workplace Skills Plan (WSP) – An organisation’s articulated training plan
- An Annual Training Report (ATR) – a report actuating previously implemented training initiatives. In this case, your submission will be a 2016 ATR for the 2018 submission.
- A Pivotal Training Plan – Strategic plan aligned to scarce skills that may be required within the business and/or industry. The initiatives are a snapshot of foreseeable training that will take place in the financial year after submission.
- A Pivotal Training Report – A Scarce Skills report articulating the outcomes of the preceding year’s Pivotal Training Plan outcomes