Alliance Of ChambersAuthor: KLCBT | Published by KLCBT on 09 October 2015 at 06:22:51 | Last Updated On: 4 August 2017
A REGIONAL CHAMBERS FORUM:
On 24 March 2015, the KLCBT convened all the Business Chambers and Tourism Organisations within the Kruger Lowveld region, including NAFCOC and others, to present the formation of a regional chambers forum. This will enable us to speak as one voice for business and tourism when we need to engage on a district and provincial level.
All regional chambers and similar organisations agreed to and welcomed the initiative – the MOU was signed at the end of 2015.
Current Members of the Alliance:
Pilgrim’s Rest Business & Tourism Chamber; Sabie Chamber of Commerce and Tourism; Barberton Chamber of Business / Barberton Tourism; Lydenburg-Mashishing Business Chamber; Malalane Chamber of Business; Kruger Lowveld Chamber of Business and Tourism; Private Nature Reserves; FABCOS Mpumalanga; Hazyview Chamber of Business and Tourism; NAFCOC Mbombela; Graskop Chamber of Business & Tourism; Bushbuck Ridge Chamber / Tourism; Mbombela Economic Development Partnership; Madiba Youth Chamber; Mpumalanga Women in Business Network; South African Chamber of Commerce & Industry; Afrikaanse Handelsinstituut Mpumalanga; Youth Chamber of Commerce & Industry SA Mpumalanga; African National Chamber of Commerce & Industry Mpumalanga
How do we want to work together?
Our shared values are….
- A collaborative way of working
- Building partnerships and networks
- Information and knowledge sharing
- Mutual support and accountability
- Working together despite differences
- New ways of thinking and doing
- Good governance and ethical behaviour
- To strengthen the collective
- To identify the most important focus areas/issues that need attention;
- To jointly find some possible solutions or establish ways to address them;
- To combine our talents, expertise and resources and plan solutions accordingly;
- Agree how we take forward
Download signed Memorandum of Understanding:
During their first conference of 2016, held on 14th April 2016, the Alliance adopted the following three advocacies to focus on in the coming months:
- Bridging the communication gap between government and private sector;
- Safety and Security;
- Water supply to the region, lobbying for another dam to supply the Malalane farming communities
2017 WINTER CONFERENCE: